Latest Posts -

Indie Guest Post: So a funning thing happened to me . . . w/ Nancy Straight

I should start this with: I am a magnet for crazy. Funning things happen to me routinely. I was thrilled when I was asked to write a guest post and tossed around several ideas. I tried to think about what you might like to read and settled on something that has nothing to do with being an author, book reviews, publishing, or anything of the sort. I hope you enjoy this!

This happened a few months ago. Like all moms, it was the end of the week and I was exhausted. I was watching television with my husband in our bedroom and had dozed off. It was still pretty early in the evening, so the lights were on, but when I’m tired I don’t need dark to sleep. I was in the middle of a dream when I realized I couldn’t breathe. I startled myself awake and pulled myself out of my dream only to realize: I was now awake and I still couldn’t breathe. I looked at my husband while I was gasping for air; he was watching me with a strange look, but did nothing to help me.

My hands instinctively went to my neck and I realized the t-shirt I was wearing was tight against my neck, so with both hands, I yanked the neck of my t-shirt as hard as I could. I got air! But in the same instant I felt claws dig into my back.

Okay, I read a ton of Paranormal Romance, Paranormal Thrillers and Urban Fantasy books, so at this point my mind is racing through about 300 plots - trying to identify what beast I was up against! I couldn’t get a word out but knew my husband could see the pleading for help in my eyes. I let go of the neck of my t-shirt and the claws eased on my back, but once again, I didn’t have air.

After watching this cycle a couple times my husband simply said, “Flash is stuck.”
Flash is my very cute Jack Russell Terrier. He burrows under the covers at night because he gets cold. He had somehow burrowed under the back of my t-shirt and was trying to climb out through the neck of my shirt! Needless to say, a person’s neck and a pudgy JRT do not both fit through a crew neck t-shirt.

We both got a good laugh out of it, and I was thrilled to see that I wasn’t under attack from some sort of paranormal beast!

Author of the Destiny Trilogy: Meeting Destiny, Destiny’s Revenge & Destiny’s Wrath

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Share this Post :

+ comments + 1 comments

February 16, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I'm reading Meeting Destiny right now and I'm LOVING it! this was a great post! way to go husband for coming to the rescue there...

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved