Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: Alivia Anders

1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
Most definitely Jonathan Stroud's 'The Amulet of Samarkand'. I reference Amanda Hocking a lot for admiring her determination, but it was Jonathan's writing that completely made me want to be even more of a writer than I already was!

2. First book you ever remember reading?
Probably an Amelia Bedelia book, or Clifford!
Unless you mean one of my first YA books? That would probably be Cate Tiernan's SWEEP series.

3. How do you pick your character's names?
I rarely 'pick' a name for a character. More often than not they come in my head, ready to roll, with a name and quirks all set up about them. It's a little nutty, really!

4. Name an excellent indie book that you think needs more recognition.
Willow Cross' 'Birthright' is one that definitely needs more recognition! Or Kymberlee Burks-Miller's 'Compulsion'. Both are fantastic!

5. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
“I don't have to be dating them to feed on them, honey. Flesh is flesh." She examined her nails with minimal interest. "I'm trying to reform myself and not kill the humans I fall in love with. It makes for a much better relationship down the road.” - Ursula, from Illumine

“How'd you sleep?"
"Like an angel."
"Oh, the irony.” - Kayden & Essallie, from Illumine


Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012

Share this Post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved