Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: Dawn Rae Miller

1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
When I was in high school I went on a F. Scott Fitzgerald bender, followed by a JD Salinger mania. Both Bernice Bobs Her Hair by Fitzgerald and For Esme - with Love and Squalor made me want to write.

2. First book you ever remember reading?
Danny and the Dinosaur, but the only reason I remember reading it is because I got in trouble for refusing to show my dad I could do it.

3. How do you pick your character's names?
I like off-beat names that don't sound too "out there." Mostly, I use names leftover from when I named my kids.

4. Name an excellent indie book that you think needs more recognition.
Ah...well...I co-run The YA Curator which is a review site for self-pubbed and indie books. My favorite has been The Boyfriend Thief by Shana Norris.

5. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
I have no idea! I'm not a quote person.

Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012

Share this Post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved