Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: Heather Hildenbrand

Heather Hildenbrand

1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
Lord of the Rings. It was the first book/series that showed me how much fun world building was and that you could lose yourself in creating a story just as much as reading it. I actually started writing a fantasy novel back then (I think I was around 13?). I never finished it (which is a good thing, trust me!) but I do still have it and its fun to look at sometimes to see where it all began.

2. First book you ever remember reading?
Julie and the Wolves. And OMG!!! I read it for school and there's this scene where Julie's husband um... exercises his spousal rights... yeah. And I remember reading and re-reading and re-reading... (okay you get the point. hehe) and feeling dirty! I mean, I didn't even know sexual content existed in books (or maybe even in real life, at that point! I was very sheltered as a child) and it opened up this whole new world to me. I couldn't believe school had let/made us read something like that. It was only one page and not detailed at all. More like an insinuation. 'He ripper her jacket off'... etc. But it was monumental for me.

3. How do you pick your character's names?
I use Name Your Baby websites a lot. Or a baby name book I have at home. or I start asking my husband to throw out a bunch of ideas. I'm VERY picky about character names. Like a mother would be. I think a character name says a lot about their personality so it has to be right. It also cant be overused in other series/books which is tricky.

4. Name an excellent indie book that you think needs more recognition.
Sleight by Jennifer Sommersby!!!! It was seriously the BEST book I read in 2011

5. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
I don't have specific quotes but anything that Adrian Ivashkov (Bloodlines, Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead) says is quote-worthy. I want to party/date/marry/drink/carouse/commit crimes with him ;)

Posted on Monday, February 6, 2012

Share this Post :

+ comments + 1 comments

February 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Oh and btw, if youd like to read her books, check out the end of the month giveaway. Shes donated an ecopy of 2 books!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved