Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: Hope Collier

1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
I'm not sure I had a "most inspiring" book. I've always loved reading, and I've been writing for as long as I can remember. The book that's inspired me to be a better writer is The Light of Asteria by Elizabeth Isaacs.

2. First book you ever remember reading?
Mrs. Duck's Lovely Day

3. How do you pick your character's names?
For the most part, my characters' names have significance. Either they refer to the character by trait or by sentiment :)

4. Name an excellent indie book that you think needs more recognition.
I'd have to say Elizabeth Isaacs again. The Light of Asteria is just amazing. It's well written and brilliantly imaginative.

5. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

“Dreams are true while they last, and do we not live in dreams?” ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe

“I've always believed that you must be able to appreciate the things that people can give you, and forgive them for the things they can't.” ~ Elizabeth Isaacs

"But he who dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose." ~ Anne Bronte

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

...to name a few. I'm a quote junky!

Posted on Thursday, February 9, 2012

Share this Post :

+ comments + 1 comments

February 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Thanks for the interview and featuring me on your indie author appreciation! :)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved