Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: Jessie Harrell

1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
When I was first getting into writing, I started reading the Twilight series. Like half the other people on the planet, I fell in love with a good love story and knew I wanted to write a romance that would grip readers.

2. First book you ever remember reading?
Morgan Mine - about a pouty princess and a unicorn named Morgan

3. How do you pick your character's names?
Depends. Since many of the names in Destined are Greek, I searched Greek baby name lists on the internet. For contemporary books, I figure out the year my characters would have been born and then check the top 100 names of that year. Usually something will jump out to me. And sometimes I just wake up one day and know I have to use a particular name. So I guess the bottom line is -- it depends. :)

4. Name an excellent indie book that you think needs more recognition.
Oh gosh - there are so many! I really enjoyed The Willows: Haven by Hope Collier. And of course, all of my Indelible sisters have awesome books that deserve lots of love.

5. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
From Destined -- "I know," I admitted."I know. And maybe I'll never win back his heart, but I need him to know that he won mine."

Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Share this Post :

+ comments + 2 comments

February 20, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Thanks for interviewing me! I'm flattered. :)

February 20, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Cute! I love finding baby names on the internet too! :)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved