Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: Lorena Angell

1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
The Harry Potter series. I think the most inspiring aspect of Ms. Rowling's series was the way she eased the reader into the Potter world. She didn't use the first book to introduce all aspects and characters of the series, they were brought in gently and in small doses.

2. First book you ever remember reading?
Where the Wild Thing Are - by Maurice Sendak

3. How do you pick your character's names?
I don't really have a set way of doing this. Sometimes I'll turn to my twelve year old daughter and ask her to start naming the boys in her class, sometimes I'll Google popular names of a certain decade or nation, and other times names just pop out of my head.

4. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
"We always want what we don't got until we get it; then we don't want it anymore." I know it's bad English but the message is sound. I didn't coin this phrase but I do use it in my books.

"I’m not ugly, but I don’t know exactly how good looking I’m considered to be. I understand its all relative; relative to what others think is beautiful. My parents would always think of me as beautiful; but to them I am. We are only beautiful to our relatives; hmm, I think I figured out the mysteries of the world." Calli Courtnae ~A Diamond in my Pocket

"Not everything bad in this world is evil, and just because something’s good doesn’t make it right." Maetha ~A Diamond in my Heart

Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Share this Post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved