Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: Mel Cusick-Jones

1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
I'd like to say something wonderfully classic and high-brow to try and sound intelligent, but the reality is that after four years of academic English Literature at university it was JK Rowling and Harry Potter in 2003 that got me interested in story telling again.

2. First book you ever remember reading?
Cosmo the Conjurer

3. How do you pick your character's names?
My most regular resource is baby names websites - I like the characters names to have some meaning that relates to their role in a story or their personality.

4. Name an excellent indie book that you think needs more recognition.
I've recently read Justice by Jade Varden, which I really enjoyed - it's only come out recently but I think it's one of the best YA indies I've read for style, story and characters.

5. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

“If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-The-Pooh

Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012

Share this Post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved