Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: Riana Lucas

1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
The popularity of Twilight brought me back to reading as a hobby. After spending years and years avoiding reading at all costs, I picked up an US magazine on the 2008 Winter Olympics and a gymnast said this was the book she was reading right now. I had no idea at the time that I would be picking up a young adult book, much less a vampire romance. The way that Twilight caused me to be nervous, giddy at times and happy for a character inspired me to not only read more, but write more. If you can cause a reader to "feel" something, then I find the book to be truly special.

2. First book you ever remember reading?
When I was ten I read Wait till Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn and it scared the bejeezus out of me....and I LOVED it.

3. How do you pick your character's names?
For the Deadly Flowers Series, I chose actual poisonous flowers for some characters and then chose others based on nature. They don't necessarily have to be "deadly flowers" because they are warriors and deadly in their own right.

4. Name an excellent indie book that you think needs more recognition.
Inescapable by Amy A. Bartol.

5. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed" Michael Jordan

"Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!" Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

Posted on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Share this Post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved