Latest Posts -

Indie Interview: Tammy Blackwell

Tammy Blackwell

1. What book inspired you most before you became a writer yourself?
I honestly can't remember ever not wanting to be a writer, but I think
The Outsiders by SE Hinton was the book that inspired me to write for teens.

2. First book you ever remember reading?
When I was three I liked to read the Sesame Street book I Can Do It Myself
all by myself, as the title suggests.

3. How do you pick your character's names?
Harper Lee "Scout" Donovan is of course a shout-out to To Kill a Mockingbird.
Most of the other characters are named after my friends or names I've picked
up working at the library.

4. Name an excellent indie book that you think needs more recognition.
I love Samantha Young. You should all go read her books right now. *makes shoo-ing motion*

5. Share some quotes you love! Either from your book or someone else's!
“Words! Mere words! How terrible they were! How clear, and vivid, and cruel! One could not escape from them. And yet what a subtle magic there was in them! They seemed to be able to give a plastic form to formless things, and to have a music of their own as sweet as that of viol or of lute. Mere words! Was there anything so real as words?”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Kindle | Nook

Some books by Tammy Blackwell:
Destiny Binds     Kindle | Nook
Time Mends     Kindle | Nook

Posted on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Share this Post :

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved