Latest Posts -

Bout of Books Challenge #6

This challenge, "What is Your Book Crack?", comes from Book Goonie!

The only book crack i really have is free ebooks! My city has a crappy book store selection. We used to have a BooksAMillion and Borders in my town, but they both closes. We still have several Barnes & Nobles but i don't really get a chance to go in there. Either way though, when i go onto the  amazon kindle store i pretty much forget about those real bookstores. I immediately filter to the genre i love (YA sci-fiction/fantasy) then sort from low price to high price. On a good day there are about 150 to 170 free books on there! Some aren't that great...but some are amazing. I'd love to tell you how many books i've gotten this way...but i'm embarrassed  Ok, i'll tell you...587. *blushes* Yep, i do this routine about twice a week and immediately buy any new titles i see. This equates to any from 5 to 10 books every week. Sometimes there are no new books...but i always look at every page until the .99 cent books start popping up. Sigh, it's totally like crack. I've been doing this for over a year... In my whole kindle library, i've bought about 20 books and emailed myself about 10 books. So that's a lot of free books.... Some books are only free for 3 or 4 days so i try to look on there a lot... or at least that's what i tell myself. Thankfully, i wont go into financial debt with this crack!

--
With love,
Margaret

Twitter  |  Goodreads  |  Facebook  |  Google+  |  Pinterest 

Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Share this Post :

+ comments + 4 comments

January 12, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I have a similar problem & Free Ebooks can make you feel better PLUS it is the thrill of the chase to find good ones.

January 12, 2013 at 8:54 AM

i understand i can't read kindle ( the appl doesn't work for me) so it's easy for me to resist but for challenge and such sometiems i regret that the free books are rarely offered in pdf too... because those i can't resist even if i have to print them so i can read ( at the moment i'm looking for free pdf for sport romances (no m/m) so if you have some to recommend^^)

here is mine
http://lectureaventure.blogspot.be/2013/01/bout-of-books-60-goals.html

January 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Hehe, we all seem to have very similar book crack don't we? Free and cheap books are SO HARD to resist! My personal demons are the 1p books on the Amazon Marketplace. Too too tempting...

January 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I miss having Borders around. :( I like going through the blurbs for free ebooks so I understand the need to get them.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011. A Love For Lit - All Rights Reserved